Itec is committed to supplying the best recruitment software and ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or via any of its applications, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement, and adhere to all relevant legislation including The Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR).
Itec may change this policy from time to time by updating this page which you should check to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st August 2020.
Please read this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) carefully as it describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information. This Privacy Notice applies to any website, application or service which references this Privacy Notice.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address and company details
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Non identifiable meta data from the clients SQL server or workstations
- Feedback and suggestions related to the main application
- Director, company and relevant credit checks
How We Collect It
We may collect the information using the following methods:
- Feedback and suggestions via our main application
- Meta data from the customers database via our API
- Using web forms (e.g. book a demo, partner with us)
- Extracted from business communications or media (e.g. emails, telephone conversations, SMS, post, LinkedIn or other social media sources)
We may enhance personal information we collect from you with information we obtain from third parties that are entitled to share that information. For example, information from credit agencies or public sources (e.g. for customer due diligence purposes) but in each case as permitted by applicable laws.
What We Do With It
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
- To provide any information and services that you have requested or any applications or services that you have ordered.
- To compare information for accuracy and to verify it with third parties.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we retain information about you after the closure of your itris account, if your application for an itris account is declined or if you decide not to proceed. This information will be held and used for as long as permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and legitimate business purposes.
- Direct marketing.
- Market research.
- Monitor, measure, improve and protect our content, website, applications, and services and provide an enhanced, personal, user experience for you.
- Collection of meta data to assist with performance improvements, service desk customer experience and statistical analysis.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and via our application.
Itec takes the responsibility of holding personal data very seriously and understands the need for secure storage and robust processing practises. Itec expects its staff to adopt the same ethos and demands that they act in accordance with all polices and processes. Failure to adhere to company policy or government legislation related to data security is deemed gross misconduct which can result in instant dismissal dependent on the severity of the indiscretion.
As a company we know the detail and location of all data that resides within the business, whether it be held electronically or on paper. The GDPR relates specifically to personal data but we apply the same rules to all the data we hold even if it is not defined as personal data.
Access to data is also strictly managed. GDPR states that a natural person’s data should not be accessible by an infinite number of natural persons (e.g. access is locked down).
All identified data has a defined period of retention, and once the data has exceeded its retention period, it will be destroyed or returned to its owner if applicable.
All data at rest is encrypted where possible and where that is not possible, access is to be strictly managed.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
When you access our website, you will be given the option to allow cookies or disable them.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest or the websites of our partners. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your express written permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR), via a Subject Access Request. If you would like to change or request a copy of the information held on you or require any further information about our data management policies or data security, please write to the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at Itec House, Penns Yard, Pembury, TN2 4XY.